Monday, June 7, 2010

Intro

Have you ever noticed that when there is something you really want everyone else already has it? It's like the new car you have been dreaming about and you see it everywhere you go, the grocery store, the mall, Target. And every time you see it you want it the pit in your stomach aches for it that much more even yearns for it. And you know that if you had it, it would be totally different and so much better.

This was my life for the better part of 2 years but, I didn't want a car I wanted a baby. I wanted to be pregnant in the worst way. I saw pregnant women EVERYWHERE! There were always a couple at the grocery store a few at the mall, the maternity store had the cutest clothes by the way. But Target was the one that always got me I never saw less than 5 pregos even for the shortest of errands, the worst was 10 in one visit. But if it was not bad enough that I saw random women I didn't know and didn't care about, 15 women at church were pregnant at the same time including my best friend, one of them was having twins. One Sunday I looked around and realized that I was the only married woman under the age of 35 that was not either pregnant or had a baby under 3 months old. I cried when I got home that afternoon. What was the deal? It obviously was not in the water because I was drinking the same water they were and trust me I was as thirst as anyone. After that I was a woman on a mission, my new best friends name was Google. We spent hours together searching for advice, ovulation calculators, articles on the top ten symptoms to looks for that may mean you are pregnant. But it turned out I was having issues, I was bleeding between periods. This is something that only happens when you are on the pill or there is a problem. After not finding any obvious problems my doctor sent me to get an ultra sound. Now that was an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment